How to Create a Latista Mobile (iOS) application database backup
In certain cases, mostly during Synchronization, if an error occurs data may not sync to the server correctly and may no longer be visible on the iPad. If this occurs getting a backup of the Latista application database from the iPad will allow Production Support to see if the data can be recovered directly from that database. This document outlines the process to obtain the backup.
User will need to connect iPad to a computer with iTunes installed. The instructions below are for Windows 7.
Steps to Create the Backup:
- Check if the iPad has Security Profiles installed. Look under Settings -‐> General. If there are any, remove them.
- Connect iPad to a computer and start iTunes.
- In iTunes, click on the iPad name. From the main page, confirm that ‘Encrypt Local Backup’ is not checked. If it is, uncheck it.
- Under ‘Manually Backup and Restore’, click on ‘Back Up Now’. Wait for the backup to complete.
- By default, the back up is created under <user folder>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup.
- Sort the folder by ‘Date Modified’. The latest backup will show up at the top of the list.
- Zip or compress the backup folder and re-name it with your first and last name.
- Upload the backup to https://services.latista.com/portal/pupload.xhtml
- Let your Account Manager or Support Agent know that the file has been uploaded.
If you're unable to locate the backup file, check out the instructions here: